The Community Outreach, an ecumenical, non-profit ministry in Sioux Falls, SD, is seeking a Housing Program Manager.
Our ministry strives to fill the gaps in the public welfare system, while personally relating to and caring for each person through financial assistance and mentoring in the areas of housing, utilities, and work-related transportation. We strive to prevent homelessness and promote self-sufficiency. We serve more then 8,400 people per year in three main areas:
• Financial assistance for rent, utilities, work-related transportation, and transitioning to home ownership.
• Financial education and mentoring.
• Information and referral to other social service agencies.
Our next Housing Program Manager will have a strong Christian faith with preferred experience in organization, and ministry or social work.
The Housing Program Manager will serve to lead, manage recruitment efforts, and provide support for participants in the Hezekiah House Program and OneRoof program. This position will be responsible for the development and oversight of these long-term pilot programs, including creating and modifying policies and procedures to make them effective and efficient for the client while maintaining program integrity and goals. Present and promote the programs within the faith and social work community. This position will also assist and work with the Genesis Program Manager since clients in Hezekiah House and OneRoof will be going through the Genesis Mentoring Program.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Community Outreach Housing Program Manager is full time, paid position with benefits package. Pay is dependent on experience.
• Paid time off, paid holidays, sick pay, and personal days
• Health and Dental Insurance
• SEP IRA retirement option (after one year of service)
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience in social work, program management, project management, communications, or related field.
• Exceptional Organizational Skills
• Exceptional Communication Skills
• Ability to effectively present goals and programs to outside audiences.
• Ability to connect with clients and vendors to effectively meet program goals.
• Ability to listen to clients to understand what is not being said.
• Confidentiality in conversation and documentation.
• High comfort with a variety of technologies.
• Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, and mediation skills.
• Understanding of poverty, housing barriers, and housing resources in the community.
(Full Job Description available upon request)
Submit your resume & cover letter or ask clarifying questions at [email protected] The position will remain open until filled.