How can YOU make a difference?
1) Serve as a volunteer mentor. Get trained and join a team that meets with a family 12 times over an 18 week period. You will help a family make important changes as they set personal goals, follow a household budget, and interact with others. To learn more about the Mentor experience please email Brett.
If you would like to attend a class to learn more about mentoring and see if this is a good fit for you, please contact us at 605.331.3935.
2) Become a Volunteer Receptionist. If you are able to donate at least 2 hours per week between 9AM and 4PM Monday through Friday, we will provide training to serve as our receptionist. Your gift will permit our staff to be more effective in our roles … and you will get to help people on the phone and in the lobby who are hurting and seeking guidance. For more information about serving in this capacity please call us at 605.331.3935.
3) Make a tax-deductible gift. We will use your gift to meet a housing, utility cut-off, or work related transportation need for someone in the Sioux Empire. To learn more about how we use financial gifts to help others please email Peter or Amy or call 605.331.3935 to visit with either one of them.
Thank you for mailing your check to our office or use the Donate Now button!
4) Serve in one of our Internship Opportunities. To earn more about an opportunity to apply your skills in a ministry setting please contact our Executive Director to discuss potential opportunities. We typically would consider skills in social work, volunteer and fund development and administrative duties. Please email Amy or call 605.331.3935
5) Perform Data Entry and other administrative roles for Sharing Christmas. During October, November, and early December we partner with Center of Hope to connecting families needing holiday assistance with donors who wish to help. We need help data entering the applications from families in need and the applications from donors who wish to be matched with a family. We also need assistance on three days in early December when gifts are collected and distributed.
Working together … we will make a difference in His name!