The Community Outreach, an ecumenical, non-profit ministry in Sioux Falls, SD, is seeking an Executive Director.
Our ministry strives to fill the gaps in the public welfare system, while personally relating to and caring for each person through financial assistance and mentoring in the areas of housing, utilities, and work-related transportation. We strive to prevent homelessness and promote self-sufficiency. We serve more than 8,400 people per year in three main areas:
- Financial assistance for rent, utilities, work-related transportation, and transitioning to home ownership.
- Financial education and mentoring.
- Information and referral to other social service agencies.
Our next Executive Director will have a strong Christian faith with preferred experience in organizational leadership, fundraising, and ministry or social work.
The Executive Director implements the Ministry’s plans developed through essential functions, always contributing to continued improvement. He or she ensures the staff and volunteers reflect the ministry’s values and works closely with a Board of Directors to develop and execute the strategic plan of the ministry, enforce the bylaws of the organization, as well as maintain and enhance the policies and procedures for the ministry programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITY AND APPROXIMATE PERCENT OF TIME
Ensure leadership in communities and partner organizations impacting the clients we serve (30%)
- Support the development and cultivation of an active and engaged Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers.
- Assist with the implementation of our strategies and practices to ensure strong staff and board engagement.
- Identify, engage, leverage and cultivate community resources, influence, and connections to further the Ministry’s initiatives and mission.
- Public speaking (for volunteer/mentor recruitment, UW, donor base, etc)
- Serve on appropriate committee within the community to partner with others to advance our mission and effectiveness
Drive revenue growth (40%)
- Manage a portfolio of relationships, increase revenue year over year, identify new and potential donors through community connections. Identify, cultivate, steward and recognize top relationships (donors, fundraisers, teams, corporate and community partners).
- Provide leadership and/or support to staff and Board.
- Ensure the achievement of revenue targets through fundraising campaigns.
- Contribute to the success of special events and committees.
- Grant writing and grant reporting
- Manager/Oversee digital media fundraising and marketing
Increase the effectiveness and capacity of the Community Outreach through leadership and staff development (30%)
- Provide input on and demonstrate understanding and ability to communicate The Community Outreach priorities.
- Lead and support the successful implementation of the Strategic Plan
- Ensure operational effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership to the market and ensure office operations are effective and aligned with our practices and procedures.
- Foster and promote a positive, supportive working environment; ensuring all staff are aligned to the desired culture and outcomes identified.
- Contribute to the professional development of others by coaching and providing feedback.
The Community Outreach Executive Director is a full time, paid position with a benefits package. Pay dependent on experience.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, sick pay, and personal days.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- SEP IRA retirement option (after one year of service)
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience, preferably with a non-profit organization or in social work.
- Experience in portfolio management and working with top relationships (donors, fundraisers, teams, corporate and community partners).
- Experience in community engagement and volunteer development.
- Experience in contributing to building revenue and expense budgets, forecasting and resource development. Proven ability to meet revenue goals.
- A successful track record of working with staff and creating positive workplace environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with digital marketing and fundraising.
- Understanding general bookkeeping/account and budget development for multi-program ministry.
- Must demonstrate superior skills in gaining the trust and confidence of a wide range of people, providing strong leadership and influence.
- Understand and be willing to promote a religious-based mission and vision.
Submit your resume & cover letter or ask clarifying questions at [email protected] before August 31, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time