How can YOU make a difference?
1) Serve as a volunteer mentor. Get trained and join a team that meets with a family 12 times over an 18 week period. You will help a family make important changes as they set personal goals, follow a household budget, and interact with others. To learn more about the Mentor experience, please view a short video Genesis Mentor Overview.
If you would like to attend a class to learn more about mentoring and see if this is a good fit for you, please contact us at 605-331-3935. You may also download the Mentor/Volunteer Policies and Mentor/Volunteer Application.
2) Serve as a volunteer receptionist. If you are able to donate at least 2 hours per week between 9AM and 4PM Monday thru Friday, we will provide training to serve as our receptionist. Your gift will permit our staff to be more effective in our roles … and you will get to help people on the phone and in the lobby who are hurting and seeking guidance. Download the Volunteer Receptionist Description or give us a call at 605-331-3935.
3) Make a tax deductible gift. We will use your gift to meet a housing, utility cut-off, or work related transportation need for someone in the Sioux Empire. To learn more about how we use financial gifts to help others, please view the following video Ministry Overview.
Thank you for mailing your check to the address below … or using the Donate Now button in the top right hand corner of this page.
4) We also have two Internship Opportunities at the Ministry:
- To learn more about an opportunity to apply your social work skills, Social Work Internship Opportunity
- To learn more about an opportunity to apply your ministry leadership and development skills, Development Internship Opportunity
Working together … we will make a difference in His name!